Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Ten Things I Have Discovered Since I Last Wrote
1. The world can be divided into those who fall in love with fictional characters and those who don't.
2. Contractors always take longer than one imagines even if one has taken into account Murphy's Law and added a month.
4. Regency Romance novels are dead.
5. Do not be fooled by the first day in February that feels like Spring. Do not, especially, plant pansies in defiance of what one may imagine will be only a few chill days until the warm weather returns for good.
6. Juggling twenty-seven flaming batons while riding a unicycle across a tightrope over an alligator-infested pond of pease porridge nine-days old with a delightful skin of fragrant mold is unadvisable, even metaphorically.
7. Great Dane puppies are enormous.
8. Despite being considerably older and wiser, I can still be swayed by a really fantastic pair of shoes... or a handbag... or a skirt... or really anything else that catches my fancy.
9. The mice will always find you.
10. Graduation is always closer than it appears in the mirror.